[dns-operations] Trends on DNS message sizes

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Fri Nov 3 10:13:46 UTC 2017

Does anyone have any pointers to published data or reports about trends
in DNS message answer size (answer section RRset size trends primarily)?
Ideally something suitable that could be cited by a work in progress
publication.

Note, I'm not specifically interested in the EDNS-reported
maximum payload size, but rather, actual DNS answer size trends.

I'm aware of the impact analysis done for root signing and the planned
KSK rollover.  I've also seen some one-time measurements from DITL of
measurements.  I've seen some of the DSC/hedgehog monitors.  Most of
this seems to insufficient in detailing long term trends however.

Thank you,

John