[dns-operations] TLD issues, 4 new, one longstanding...

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Fri Nov 3 06:34:19 UTC 2017

On 2 November 2017 at 21:35, Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> wrote:

> Is there some sort of ICANN policy applicable to TLDs with multi-month
> DNS downtime?
>
> For gTLDs, there's an SLA measured in (I think) hours per month for
availability and minutes per month for validation, after which an Emergency
Back-End Registry Operator (EBERO) procedure can be activated to move the
TLD away from the offending registry.  There is definitely no such
restriction on ccTLDs (.su) and I'm a bit vague on how it applies to other
special TLDs such as the ccIDNs you refer to.