[dns-operations] edns-client-subnet capable authorities?

Brian Hartvigsen (bhartvig) bhartvig at cisco.com
Thu Jul 20 16:17:25 UTC 2017

Totally possible that they do a combination internally, or at least have some per-authority configuration capabilities.  Publically, they announced in 2014 that whitelisting with them was no longer necessary:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/public-dns-announce/67oxFjSLeUM

-- Brian

On 7/20/17, 4:57 AM, "David C Lawrence" <tale at akamai.com> wrote:

    Brian Hartvigsen (bhartvig) writes:
    > Actually Google does it by probing for support.  OpenDNS (of which I am
    > affiliated with) does still use a whiltelist.

    I thought Google did both probing and whitelisting, but admittedly I
    only see it from the auth side for a provider who requires
    whitelisting.  Akamai won't do ECS with just anyone, and requires an
    agreement (no costs) about how ECS gets used, mainly concerned with
    not walking the address space.

    William, if you're interested in working with Akamai let me know
    and I can put you to the right entry point for the process.