[dns-operations] How Stack Overflow plans to survive the next DNS attack

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Jan 11 11:20:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:35:42AM +0100,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote
 a message of 10 lines which said:

> Very interesting and detailed paper on the choice of DNS providers, to
> avoid being victim of the next "Dyn attack".
>
> I appreciate the evidence-based approach, the use of a lot of data,
> and of course the detailed explanations.
>
> http://blog.serverfault.com/2017/01/09/surviving-the-next-dns-attack/

I also note that it is is difficult (too difficult) to have several
DNS providers. They don't accept AXFR/IXFR so the customer is
locked. Or has to do synchronisation by himself, with custom software
driving the various APIs.