[dns-operations] 2600::a1 (ns1-auth.sprintlink.net)

David C Lawrence tale at akamai.com
Thu Feb 16 19:25:47 UTC 2017

Jim Popovitch writes:
> The issue is less about the norec, and more about the sprintlink NS
> servers (listed as the auth NS servers for ups.com) not returning RRs.

Apologies; I didn't understand from your original message that was
what you were trying to demonstrate.  Perhaps it was a transient
problem?  When I ask it is showing an answer with two MX RRs:

$ dig +noall +ans MX ups.com @ns1-auth.sprintlink.net
ups.com.                300     IN      MX      10 email-vip.ups.com.
ups.com.                300     IN      MX      10 email2-vip.ups.com.