[dns-operations] new public DNS service: 9.9.9.9

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed Dec 6 14:37:36 UTC 2017

abang wrote:
> Am 04.12.2017 um 15:17 schrieb Paul Vixie:
>>

>> abang wrote:
>>> Am 22.11.2017 um 09:14 schrieb P Vix:
>> sampling an aggregate flow is a not-good way to approximate individual
>> flows unless the individual flow is a large enough fraction of the total
>> to be representative.
> Yes, that's right. However, it confirms our observations: Resolvers,
> serving a small customer base have high latency.

if you're going to move the goal posts, you can make new claims, and
those will be evaluated. however, the old claims will be abandoned.

you cannot simulate a small population by using a sample of aggregate
flow from a large population. that tells you nothing about cache miss rates.

please be clear that you're abandoning your prior claim; then we'll
continue.

--
P Vixie