[dns-operations] Yeti-DNS confusion and clarification

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Dec 5 16:26:23 UTC 2017

> > We understood that the Yeti DNS Project was started in June 2015,
> > which is as a Live IPv6-only Root DNS Server System Testbed.  Now,
> > we are confused and surprised that it serves as IPv6-based root
> > name servers globally.

Frnkly, I'm confused by the question. Is it because english is not my
mother tongue? I fail to see the difference between an IPv6 root name
server and an IPv6 root name server.

> > the<A1><B0>root name<A1><B1>  is formally authorized by ICANN?

Some people probably need to be told of this nice word:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/permissionless

> Yeti-DNS is a non-production network testbed. Any announcement to
> the contrary is mistaken or false. Yeti-DNS should not be used
> outside of test labs. We run experiments on it constantly.

Thanks for the nice summary.