[dns-operations] which registries test nameservers before delegations?

Peter Koch pk at denic.de
Tue Apr 25 11:04:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 02:43:25PM -0400, Mark Jeftovic wrote:

> I know .IS does and I'm pretty sure .NL does, but what other registries
> do pre-delegation testing on domains before they will register (or
> transfer) them?

<https://www.denic.de/en/service/tools/nast/>

While we call it 'nameserver ... check', it is about the zone data
at least as much as it is about the servers.  Checks include
plain DNS and validation tests for DNSSEC.

Checks are applied at registration time (domain will be reg'd
anyway, but will only be delegated after test has passed)
and upon change to "technical" data.

-Peter

--
Peter Koch              |                          |          pk at DENIC.DE
DENIC eG                |                          |       +49 69 27235-0