[dns-operations] dsc and alternatives

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Mon Sep 19 06:43:46 UTC 2016

Hi John,

On 09/16/16 23:13, John Kristoff wrote:
> I've used it a little before, but it looks like the dsc package, with
> it's own presenter is still an ideal fit for me.  However I thought I'd
> check in here and see if I'm missing something else I should consider.

I'm glad you like the old presenter but just a heads up that we are
moving towards Grafana [1] because of the very nice interactive
JavaScript based functionality.

What could be interesting for you is the dsc-datatool [2] which I have
been developing to be a bridge between formats, for example it will be
used to import dsc XML/DAT data into Graphite.

You could develop a plugin for dsc-datatool which would let you select
the data files you wish and produce whatever kind of output you would
need for the pre-generated graphing application you choose or write one
yourself (I am guessing you want something MRTG-style).

Cheers,
Jerry

[1] https://dev.dns-oarc.net/dsc-grafana/dashboard/db/dsc
[2] https://github.com/DNS-OARC/dsc-datatool