[dns-operations] New DNS testing tool: Check My DNS (in development)

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Mon Oct 10 06:29:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 10/09/16 16:05, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
>> and qname minimisation sometimes fails.
>
>   This is my experience too.

What I have seen is that Unbound will fallback to non QNAME minimized
querying if _anything_ goes wrong even if it is unrelated to QNAME
minimization.

At the Netnod conference last week me, Stephane and Benno were talking
about these issues and Stephane mentioned to Benno that he would like to
have an option for Unbound to be more strict and not fallback so easily.
I hope this can be implemented in the future because it might make some
interesting results.

Cheers,
Jerry