[dns-operations] 答复: L-Root IPv6 Address renumbering

Jonathan Stewart jonathan.stewart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 18:04:37 UTC 2016

At DNS-OARC in in Montreal, October 2015, the Verisign people pointed out
that J-root's old IP address is still active, 13 years after the new
address was published, and it gets 100-200 qps, if I recall correctly.

No one was really sure what DNS servers were out there using 13-year old
root hints files, but they are out there, sending queries.

Maybe IPv6 devices will be updated more often than IPv4 devices. Maybe?

Jonathan

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:

> David <opendak at shaw.ca> wrote:
> >
> > http://h.root-servers.org/old_vs_new.html might give you a sense of how
> > a previous migration is proceeding. I think H root now has about 3
> > months to go.
>
> http://h.root-servers.org/total_qps_v4_old-year.png shows that their old
> server dropped to 10k qps by mid-January, and has been stuck at that level
> for the last 8 weeks.
>
> Tony.
> --
> f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
> Southeast Iceland: Southwesterly, backing southeasterly for a time, 6 to
> gale
> 8, occasionally 5 at first, perhaps severe gale 9 later. Very rough or
> high.
> Rain or wintry showers. Moderate or poor.

     Jonathan