[dns-operations] CVE-2015-7547: glibc getaddrinfo buffer overflow

Andrew Boling aboling at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:19:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com> wrote:

> Has this bug been given some cool name like "heartbleed" or "poodle" or
> does that happen if an actual exploit surfaces?

At my place of employment, many have been calling it "GHOST 2", "GHOST: The
[Redux/Sequel/etc.]", and so on. It's not an accurate label as the exploit
exists in the nss_dns module, but it gets the point across faster to
business people.

I guess you could call this an endorsement of why *not* to call it that in
a publication... ;)