[dns-operations] The strange case of fox.com

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Wed Mar 2 19:01:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.email> wrote:
> On 03/02/2016 10:04 AM, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> >There doesn't appear to be any way to contact the NIC about
> >troubleshooting this issue.
>
> How hard did you try? It took me roughly 60 seconds to type "nic.is"
> into my browser, follow the redirect, and find this page:
> https://www.isnic.is/en/about/isnic
>
> The e-mail, phone number, fax number, and postal mail address are
> all featured there.

I did contact try to contact via email a few months back but it bounced
after a few days. I don't remember what the error was at the time, but
I'm trying to find it.

I didn't try anything more than email at the time.

> You could also have gone to the IANA root zone database and/or
> 'whois is' in any competent Unix flavor and found the same
> information of course.

I did check IANA, but I was looking for more of a support or role
account than contacting individuals over something that wasn't critical.

I didn't think to try 'whois is' at the time. If being explicit to query
whois.iana.org, I get the same information as the website (which makes
sense).

JE