[dns-operations] The strange case of fox.com

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Wed Mar 2 18:38:59 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 10:04 AM, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:
> There doesn't appear to be any way to contact the NIC about
> troubleshooting this issue.

How hard did you try? It took me roughly 60 seconds to type "nic.is"
into my browser, follow the redirect, and find this page:
https://www.isnic.is/en/about/isnic

The e-mail, phone number, fax number, and postal mail address are all
featured there.

You could also have gone to the IANA root zone database and/or 'whois
is' in any competent Unix flavor and found the same information of course.

hope this helps,

Doug