[dns-operations] DNS error reporting

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Feb 16 00:10:00 UTC 2016

Warren Kumari <warren at kumari.net> wrote:

> Can someone remind me again what is wrong with simply have a 16 bit error
> code, and having this reference an IANA operated registry?

If someone invents a new blocking policy, they want to be able to deploy
it without going through IANA, and still provide meaningful help to
clients who want to understand why.

It would be nice not to repeat the mistakes of SMTP.

Tony.
Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Variable 4, becoming southwest 5 to 7 increasing
gale 8 at times later. Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough later. Rain
later. Good, becoming moderate or poor later.