[dns-operations] lowercasing of questions from recursor to auths?

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Fri Feb 5 17:17:10 UTC 2016

Hi Peter,

The ISC folks gave an interesting presentation related to this at a 2014 DNS-OARC meeting:

https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/20/session/2/contribution/12

Based on that, my understanding is that you can probably lowercase the query name
to the auth server, but you might want to make compression case-sensitive as BIND
now does.

DW