[dns-operations] DNS at FOSDEM 2016

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed Feb 3 10:29:16 UTC 2016

> On 3 Feb 2016, at 09:50, Shane Kerr <shane at time-travellers.org> wrote:
>
> I wish he would have used an existing solution, like the getdns API,
> but that wouldn't fit the NIH requirement of systemd. Oh well,
> diversity is good and it's not like it is taking resources away from
> other DNS development, since I doubt that systemd developers would be
> involved with DNS otherwise....

Sigh.

Why does the Linux developer world always remind me of that “Judean Popular Front” scene in Life of Brian?

While it will be great if Linux distros have DNSSEC validation turned on by default, I'm concerned it could go horribly wrong if systemd developers (who might not understand DNSSEC well) roll their own tools and libraries or if they create too many code forks from existing open source stuff. OTOH, maybe they can come up with something better.