[dns-operations] DNS at FOSDEM 2016

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Wed Feb 3 09:50:09 UTC 2016

Robert,

At 2016-02-02 17:07:02 -0500
Robert Edmonds <edmonds at mycre.ws> wrote:

> Shane Kerr wrote:
> > I was at FOSDEM 2016 last weekend, and wrote up a few of my
> > observations around DNS there:
> >
> > http://dnsv6lab.net/2016/02/03/DNS-at-FOSDEM/
>
> Sounds like Lennart is a big fan:
>
>     http://i.imgur.com/WhzhZlE.jpg
>
> (I couldn't find the slides online.)

Actually it turns out that he is a big fan. He is determined to make
DNSSEC validation the default for Linux systems, in spite of the
plethora of reasons not to support DNSSEC.

I wish he would have used an existing solution, like the getdns API,
but that wouldn't fit the NIH requirement of systemd. Oh well,
diversity is good and it's not like it is taking resources away from
other DNS development, since I doubt that systemd developers would be
involved with DNS otherwise....

Cheers,

--
Shane