[dns-operations] Glue NS inconsistency for .SE? (x.ns.se only at the zone apex)

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Thu Dec 15 08:25:49 UTC 2016

> On Dec 15, 2016, at 2:55 AM, Anand Buddhdev <anandb at ripe.net> wrote:
>
> This probably means that IIS is in the process of adding x.ns.se. They
> have to start by adding it to the apex, and then updating the
> delegation. This can all take some time, of course, and you're observing
> things in the middle of this change.

Perhaps you're right, and I'm not sufficiently patient.  It's been this
way for ~10 days:

   ; 2016-12-05 11:01:04 UTC, "x.ns.se" absent
   http://dnsviz.net/d/se/WEVI8A/dnssec/
   ; 2016-12-05 15:01:40 UTC, "x.ns.se" present
   http://dnsviz.net/d/se/WEWBVA/dnssec/

it could I guess take longer than that to burn-in a new secondary before
it is time to update the glue in the parent zone.

--
	Viktor.