[dns-operations] Question about query load tools (and ICANN's PDT testing)

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Fri Aug 19 15:22:32 UTC 2016

> On 10 Aug 2016, at 09:54, John Dickinson <jad at sinodun.com> wrote:
>
> On 10 Aug 2016, at 9:27, Ray Bellis wrote:
>
>> On 09/08/2016 19:52, Jake Zack wrote:
>>> What’s the latest and greatest by way of authoritative DNS server
>>> performance testing?
>>>
>>> I’ve used ‘dnsperf’ mostly up until now…but it doesn’t seem to support TCP.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any guidance you can give,
>>>
>>> -Jacob Zack
>>
>> Sinodun recently produced some TCP patches for dnsperf.
>
> I did! I am just waiting for one of my co-workers to do a code review and I will put the code up on github hopefully this week.

Hi All,

Sorry this took a little while… We now now a version of dnsperf with initial support for basic TCP handling available here:

https://github.com/Sinodun/dnsperf-tcp <https://github.com/Sinodun/dnsperf-tcp>

It is still very much a work in progress, but since there has been some interest is seems worth putting this out now.

Sara.