[dns-operations] [ Slightly OT ] Any good Perl whois modules?

Patrick Mevzek Patrick.Mevzek at afnic.fr
Mon Apr 18 07:50:33 UTC 2016

Le dimanche 17 avril 2016 à 17:05 -0700, Doug Barton a écrit :
> > Obviously Net::DRI <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-DRI/>. What else?
>
> Thank you for the recommendation, but this turns out to be a
> non-starter. It won't install with CPAN, as it fails its own unit tests.
> That may have something to do with the fact that I'm using local::lib,
> but certainly shouldn't.

Make sure to use 0.96_08 and not 0.96. It should install fine from CPAN.
It should not fail any unit tests and if so, please report them.

> It's probably also worth noting that the dotandco website that all of
> the CPAN entries for this module point to for documentation is down (and
> apparently has been for some time).

This is true, only due to lack of time (it is planned to resurrect it on
a new URL). This has however no consequences on the modules themselves.

> So I suppose I will have to do the thing you're not supposed to do and
> write my own ... fortunately my needs are simple, so it'll probably take
> me less time to do it then I've already invested trying to find a module
> to do it for me. :-/

Depending on what you are doing exactly, I would be interested to add
your code to Net::DRI if you want. Or work with you on extending it the
way you need it. Please get back to me in private if needed.

--
Patrick Mevzek