[dns-operations] Cname errors?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Sep 30 15:02:27 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 07:53:24AM -0700, Paul Vixie wrote:
> matter, because these servers should be run by experts, who should be
> looking at every possible config knob and every default setting, before
> they go live.

I believe that, if that is the plan for how the Internet is going to
develop in the future, we are doomed.  Services on the Internet are
going to be run _decreasingly_ by experts, as nearly as I can tell.
If we are relying on people looking at every knob and every default
setting, we are going to be sorely disappointed.  (This is relevant to
all services, including DNS, so I think it's appropriate for this
list.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com