[dns-operations] Cname errors?

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue Sep 29 01:42:33 UTC 2015

A couple of weeks ago concurrent with a new release from ISC(I am
running 9.9.7-P3 right now), I started seeing these and just have not
taken the time to follow up here.

I understand the log entry and am not going bonkers about the extra log
entries, but concerned if this becomes a performance or lookup issue,
can I turn off this behavior?

I know the proper answer is for the other guys to stop doing stupid
stuff. But unfortunately that is not always a good answer for management
for when they can not get to their favorite website because of this issue.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.

Sep 27 01:39:48 linux1 named[3497]: skipping nameserver
'router-adm.utcb.ro' because it is a CNAME, while resolving
'169.156.38.89.in-addr.arpa/PTR'
Sep 27 01:39:48 linux1 named[3497]: skipping nameserver
'router-civile.utcb.ro' because it is a CNAME, while resolving
'169.156.38.89.in-addr.arpa/PTR'
Sep 27 01:39:49 linux1 named[3497]: skipping nameserver