[dns-operations] Enabling the IPv6-only Internet: the Final TLDs

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sat Sep 5 20:12:33 UTC 2015

> All of the remaining non-IPv6 TLD are ccTLD. Except for .MIL, of course.
> ($600 billion in the 2015 US military budget and we can't sort out a
> freaking IPv6 address.)

A good number of ccTLDs are run by local organizations with servers in their own country, so I wonder what level of IPv6 deployment there is in such countries... they might not be able to get native IPv6.
A curious note is that some ccTLDs run their ASCII TLD registry but not their IDN registry, so that might explain cases where IPv6 support is different between them.

> Anyway, if you know someone involved with any non-IPv6 TLD, please let
> me know and/or explain the wonders of IPv6 to them. Thanks!
>
> The list:
>
> ai			# Anguilla
> ni			# Nicaragua

Both are already LACTLD members, so they could use the LACTLD anycast cloud which happens to have v6:
a.lactld.org has address 200.0.68.10
a.lactld.org has IPv6 address 2801:14:a000::10

> ax			# Åland Islands
> pf			# French Polynesia

Perhaps eligible for AFNIC Francophone support initiatives

> bb			# Barbados
> sr			# Suriname

Not currently LACTLD members, but eligible for membership which would include LACTLD anycast services.

> fk			# Falkland Islands

Not eligible for LACTLD membership with this name and ISO code, only when changed to "Malvinas". ;-)

> gf			# French Guiana
> mq			# Martinique

Curious cases since their ICANN region is Europe, even though physical region is LAC. Perhaps AFNIC could help.

Rubens