[dns-operations] root name server experiment (Yeti-DNS), project announcement

Shane Kerr shane at time-travellers.org
Fri May 8 08:45:18 UTC 2015

All,

On Thu, 07 May 2015 23:16:40 -0700
Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:

> Announcing an experimental root name service (Yeti-DNS) intended to
> allow wide scale network science using the IANA name space but
> without perturbing the IANA root name server system.

> Please feel free to reach out to any or all of the project's
> self-organized coordinators with your comments, questions, and
> especially, your indication of willingness to operate an authority
> name server as part of this experiment.
>
> ljsong at biigroup.cn (Davey Song)
> kato at wide.ad.jp (Akira Kato)
> vixie at tisf.net (Paul Vixie)
>
> You can also visit the project's web site, at
>
> http://yeti-dns.org/

FYI, I'll be working on this project as well, on behalf of BII (my new
employer).

If you want to discuss this project in person and are going to be in
Amsterdam at either the DNS-OARC workshop (starting tomorrow,
2015-05-09) or the RIPE meeting (starting Monday, 2015-05-11) then
please come and talk to me.

I hope to see you there!

Cheers,

--