[dns-operations] DNS Flush Protocol

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Sat Mar 28 00:27:48 UTC 2015

Warren Kumari wrote:

> I'd rather see an imperfect solution that anyone can use soon, instead
> of hoping that perhaps someone will eventually, maybe solve the issue
> sometime in the future.

the delegation NS TTL based solution is not a protocol change; anyone
who wants to adopt it can do so immediately. i suggest that clamping at
two hours on the upper bound and 30 minutes at the lower bound would
give immediate good results even before any registry gets around to
changing their delegation TTLs.

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:
>
>> warren, have you read
>> <http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vixie-dnsext-resimprove/> and do
>> you have comments?
>

> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/namedroppers/current/msg09903.html
>
> and we had a discussion on another mailing list which was eerily
> similar to the above.

when i was younger i thought that people older than me were mostly
crazy. turns out we are mostly forgetful.

--
Paul Vixie