[dns-operations] DNS Flush Protocol

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Fri Mar 27 21:00:14 UTC 2015

Warren Kumari wrote:

> I was saying is that we don't really need to reach *every* recursive,
> whatever we do manage to do will be better than the current position.

i disagree. a solution for the big resolvers will decimate incentive for
any other solution for all resolvers. we need the weight of the big
resolvers behind any standard we push in this area.

> Sure, a fully awesome, all shining, all dancing cache flush solution
> that can securely flush all caches everywhere would be best, but until
> this comes along, something, anything really, is better than posting
> on DNS-Operations.... W

warren, have you read
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vixie-dnsext-resimprove/> and do
you have comments?