[dns-operations] DNS Flush Protocol

George Michaelson ggm at apnic.net
Fri Mar 27 20:15:43 UTC 2015

OK. thats a good motivation. Nicely stated.

Models based on in-band proof(s) of possession might then in some
sense, be better. While I hate meta-protocol usage, since we don't
have a c&c channel that zone owners share with resolver owners, it
might be a tool in the locker.

How do you feel about state in the resolver to rendesvous on? Because
if we can do DNS 'query knocking' with held state, we can signal both
intentionality, and proof of possession. Obvious DoS risk of making a
resolver hold state but its probably no worse than the Amp Attack
risks.

Or if we have held-open session, then sequences of queries can be more
meaningful. I connect, I prove something doesn't exist with zero TTL,
I perform state change in the zone and re-query which shows you I
effected change for a prior query..

-G