[dns-operations] DNS-OARC Spring 2015 Workshop - Amsterdam, 9th-10th May

Keith Mitchell keith at dns-oarc.net
Fri Mar 13 21:37:13 UTC 2015

DNS-OARC is pleased to announce that public registration is now open for
its 2015 Spring Workshop on the 9th and 10th May, in Amsterdam,
The Netherlands.

This will be held at the same location (Hotel Okura) as the subsequent
RIPE70 meeting, and we're grateful to SIDN and Verisign for being our
Gold sponsors for this workshop.

You can find more information about the workshop at:

   https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/21/

Registration is open at:

   https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/21/registration/

OARC Workshop meetings are open to OARC members, presenters, and to all
other parties interested in DNS operations and research. RIPE attendees
are particularly welcome this time around.

Due to growing attendance at OARC workshops, and a more costly venue
than usual, we've taken the decision this time to experiment with
charging fees for non-members and late registrations to offset costs.

For Paying Members and Supporters (also accepted Speakers, and
Sponsors), attendance is free up to your representatives limit.

For non-members, or OARC Participants in the legacy non-paying
categories, there will be a registration fee of $150. In addition,
for both member and non-member attendees who register less than 2
weeks before the event, there will be a $100 late registration fee.

These registration fees will allow us to run a workshop without any
space limitations for the first time - we hope you will understand our
need to try this step to keep OARC workshops open and sustainable.

We have arranged for a small block of rooms at the venue hotel, the
Okura, from Fri 8th through Mon 11th May, and additional rooms at nearby
hotels. You can find details of how to book these here:

   https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/21/page/0

Thank you to everyone who submitted abstracts, we have had another
strong slate of proposed talks and submissions are now closed, though we
expect to be able to accommodate a few lightning talks at the meeting.
The Programme Committee will be reviewing submissions shortly, and we
aim to publish a draft agenda by the end of this month.

Finally, we remain open to additional sponsors for this meeting - if
your organization is interested in sponsorship, please contact Denesh
Bhabuta via <sponsor at dns-oarc.net> for more information.

Keith Mitchell
OARC President