[dns-operations] introducing: dnsdist

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Mar 11 21:07:00 UTC 2015

bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:

> http://blog.powerdns.com/2015/03/11/introducing-dnsdist-dns-abuse-and-dos-aware-query-distribution-for-optimal-performance/

Thanks for linking to my notes about keepalived.

I should perhaps have made it clearer that I am only using keepalived for
failover, not for load balancing - I'm using the VRRP part (for
automatically moving recursive server IP addresses) not the LVS redirector
part (which handles load balancing across multiple back end servers). My
setup is too small to need load balancing, handling up to about 4000
queries per second. (I haven't checked how many clients these servers
have; the total user population is about 40 000 but there are lots of
little name servers around the place.)

Tony.
South Utsire, Forties, Cromarty, Forth, Tyne, Dogger: Southerly or
southwesterly 6 to gale 8 becoming variable 4, then southeasterly 6 to gale 8
later. Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough in Forties and northeast
Cromarty. Occasional rain. Good, occasionally poor.