[dns-operations] Robert Graham - A Quick Review of the BIND9 Code.

Marek Vavruša marek.vavrusa at nic.cz
Thu Jul 30 18:04:26 UTC 2015

On 30 July 2015 at 19:35, Jonathan Stewart <jonathan.stewart at gmail.com> wrote:
> "The control-plane should be on a separate network adapter, separate network
> address, and separate port numbers. These should be hidden from the public,
> and protected by a firewall."
>
> Software bugs should be addressed with additional hardware adapters,
> separate network segments, and firewalls?  For a publicly available service?
>
> Roland, why did you post this?

I read "daemon remote control should be separated from the query
processing, and possibly listen on a different interface".
What's wrong with that?

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
>>

>> On 31 Jul 2015, at 0:06, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>>
>> > I had to stop reading there.
>>
>> Yes - that part made no sense whatsoever.

It makes sense in a way that if you're not aiming for raw performance,
then you're better of with memory-safe languages.
That is an opinionated, but somewhat reasonable suggestion.