[dns-operations] A dns-proxy for DNS over HTTP(s)

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Aug 25 23:55:15 UTC 2015

In message <tencent_104DAA745927A4637B59CA00 at qq.com>, "=?gb18030?B?y87B1r2h?=" writes:
> Sorry, but IMHO the connectionless feature of DNS is becoming the major
> security vector to launch severe DDOS attack.

You can do "connections" over UDP, EDNS COOKIE, without all the
state overhead of TCP.  There is documentation, running code and
code points assigned to do this.  BIND 9.10.2 uses those code points
(configure --enable-sit which is on in the Windows BUILDs, for
9.10.[01] it used a private code point).  With BIND 9.11 the configure
switch is gone.

The documentation is in last call.
EDNS COOKIE has code point 10.
BADCOOKIE has code point 23.