[dns-operations] BT DNS Request Volumes

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Aug 24 18:49:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 06:44:29PM +0200, Grzegorz Dabrowski wrote:
> Our clients also complains (most of them in UK) that part of our
> page is not loading. From what I see they can't resolve this
> domains:
> d1izotlap0dgeo.cloudfront.net
> d3dn8ls1xwuebe.cloudfront.net

A quick twitter search (where people report problems these days, sort of the
global complaints desk) found a link to this:

5:33 AM PDT We are investigating connectivity problems between CloudFront and end users on certain ISPs in the UK.

6:17 AM PDT We can confirm that end users using a single ISP in the UK are experiencing connectivity problems when trying to reach CloudFront. We are working to resolve this issue.

7:04 AM PDT End users using a single ISP, British Telecom, in the UK are experiencing failures when resolving cloudfront.net domain names. We are working with the ISP to resolve this issue. As a workaround, end users can change their resolvers to use a public DNS resolver and successfully resolve cloudfront.net names.

10:10 AM PDT Between 3:07 AM and 9:41 AM PDT, end users using a single ISP, British Telecom, in the UK experienced failures when resolving cloudfront.net domain names. The issue has now been resolved and the service is operating normally.

http://status.aws.amazon.com/#cloudfront_1440436231

	Bert