[dns-operations] Hearing first complains about failing internal resolving due to .prod TLD

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Sep 12 03:42:45 UTC 2014

On 9/11/14 7:53 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 07:48:27PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>> Am I missing something here?
>
> Only the point of the part of the message you elided in your response.

Ok, so let's recap, to make sure I get the point. Because I like to,
yaknow, learn stuff. :)

1. Joshua asks if there is a way to be notified of new TLDs coming online

2. I respond with the URL that addresses his concern

3. You respond with the same URL, plus pontification on various topics,
including a list of already delegated TLDs that you point out is not
updated in real time

4. I respond to say that if you want such a list of already-delegated
TLDs that is updated in real time, the IANA has one

5. You respond, apparently to reiterate the point that this list
contains the TLDs that have already been delegated, along with more
pontification about the need for ICANN to publish "'Here's what we plan
to delegate next,' without perhaps giving a time." Which, FWIW, is the
exact content of the URL that I (and you) responded to Joshua with in
the first place.

Now, did I get all that right? Because I really want to benefit from
your wisdom here. :)

Doug