[dns-operations] Firewall defaults and EDNS

Mike Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Thu Nov 20 15:12:12 UTC 2014

This is a resource I've used to fix issues for BIND servers behind PIX and
ASA's:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/dnssec.html

You are right, after much discussion over the years (as an outsider and
insider) newer versions of Cisco defaults have gotten better.  If there
are specific examples of things that are currently broken, I will at least
volunteer to help forward details to the right product teams.  Cisco is a
Big Pond, with my focus far outside the firewall realm, so unfortunately I
can't guarantee more than that.