[dns-operations] AAAA record for c.root-servers.net

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Fri Mar 28 18:28:31 UTC 2014

On 28 Mar 2014, at 13:16, Anthony Kirby <Anthony.Kirby at nominet.org.uk> wrote:

> the copy available at ftp://rs.internic.net/domain/ does contain the AAAA, although that at ftp.internic.net does not;  that's the only diff, & both say "last update Jan 3 2013".

I think rs is run by Verisign and ftp is run by ICANN, and ftp mirrors from rs. Kim Davies is on this list and will surely react in due course, but I'm guessing he's in transit between Singapore and LA right now following the ICANN meeting this week.

Might be just a matter of waiting for a nightly cron job.

If I'm right about the data flow, then the "Jan 3 2013" thing is presumably something for Verisign to clean up (if they haven't already).

Joe