[dns-operations] Fwd: DNSSEC in .au

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Mar 27 23:13:59 UTC 2014

In message <Prayer.1.3.5.1403271501360.4855 at hermes-1.csi.cam.ac.uk>, Chris Thompson writes:
> On Mar 25 2014, Noel Butler wrote, in connection with the announcement
> that "au" will be signed soon ...
>
> >only years after the most of rest of the world
> >
> >but better late than not at all...
>
> That's a bit harsh. Of 249 ccTLDs, I see only 93 (37%) as signed, and that's
> including 6 without DS records in the root zone (and giving the benefit of
> the doubt to "iq").

Given it has been being promised for over 4 years now yes it is a
bit late / slow.  If I remember correctly it was a deliverable on
the current contract.  The revelent page has been removed from the
server but the way back machine should find it.

I wrote the following to AUDA in May 2013.

        Given that DNSSEC implementation was part of the AusRegistry's
        .AU registry term extention to 2014 and it is now 2013,
        when can we expect DS records to be added to the root zone
        for .AU and the AU zone for .COM.AU, .NET.AU and .ASN.AU?

        http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-26022009/

Timeline:

February 2009 AusRegistry's contract lists DNSSEC as a deliverable.
August 2010 DNSSEC deployment to commence in .au [1]
March 2012 DNSEC Working group was convened. [2]
April 2014 Zone to be signed experimentally [3]

[1] http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-26022009/
[1] http://www.auda.org.au/news/20100812/
[2] http://www.auda.org.au/policies/panels-and-committees/dnssec-working-group/
[3] http://www.auda.org.au/industry-information/au-domains/dnssec/