[dns-operations] Fwd: DNSSEC in .au

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 15:01:36 UTC 2014

On Mar 25 2014, Noel Butler wrote, in connection with the announcement
that "au" will be signed soon ...

>only years after the most of rest of the world
>
>but better late than not at all...

That's a bit harsh. Of 249 ccTLDs, I see only 93 (37%) as signed, and that's
including 6 without DS records in the root zone (and giving the benefit of
the doubt to "iq").

Of course, one could argue about whether that fairly represents "most of
the world". Should "cn" (signed) be counted equal to "bv" (not signed)?

Using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population
the largest country with (currently) unsigned ccTLD is Indonesia ("id"),
although they have been experimenting recently.

Using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_area
on the other hand does put Australia in the spot light, if we discount
Antarctica ("aq" is not signed).

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    Roger Needham Building, 7 JJ Thomson Avenue,