[dns-operations] Trustworthiness of PTR record targets

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Mar 4 18:28:03 UTC 2014

The OP specifically said "anti-spam providers" in the context of "is
there a risk that the target domain could be blacklisted by anti-spam
providers?"

I am assuming that everyone here (including the OP) knows that specific
anti-spam solutions that you would run on your mail servers look for
valid PTRs, but that would seem to be a different thing entirely from
what the OP seems to be asking about.

... so I revert to my original point, which is that it's hard to answer
the OP's question intelligently without knowing more about what he's
asking.

Doug