[dns-operations] different dns servers for different domains.

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 21:28:32 UTC 2014

All,

I'm trying to create a /etc/resolv.conf where one dns server is used
in the case of one domain, and a different dns server is used for
another.

For example:

ping www.mydomain.com

    should lookup based off of 192.168.0.1

ping www.us-west.compute.internal

    should lookup based off of 172.16.0.1

This should be an exceedingly simple task, but its proving more
difficult than I thought (no examples on the internet, the docs are
not straightforward, etc)

Anyone have a simple example /etc/resolv.conf that does the above?

Thanks much,

Ed