[dns-operations] Why would a recusrive caching server not resolve a CNAME?

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Sun Jul 6 19:13:17 UTC 2014

You waited less than an hour before proclaiming the list defunct? It's
Sunday in most of the world.  Most of us are doing other things than
sitting on this list.

That said, my initial thought is that your server answered your
question.  Nothing more.  Did you ask it for the A record for
googlemail.l.google.com ?  That might have told you more.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.