[dns-operations] knot-dns

Mike Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Mon Dec 15 18:42:09 UTC 2014

I hesitate to get involved in a holy war...but really huge +1 to this.
You have diversity, in a managed way.  It's not a silver bullet -- but
just like there have been times it made things worse, there have been
times when it made things better (buffer overflows that worked on one
architecture but not another is a common example where I've had personal
experience).

You can acknowledge things aren't a panacea, while still deriving some
benefits from them.  Monitoring/analytics (intelligence) is key, so the
operator can intelligently control flows across their services based on
risks and observed threats.