[dns-operations] knot-dns

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Dec 15 02:51:42 UTC 2014

Matt,

On Dec 14, 2014, at 6:08 PM, Matthew Ghali <mghali at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given the set of practical issues we’re worried about today, delivering a service via multiple codebases certainly isn’t a magic bullet.

Agreed. I would be surprised if anyone seriously argues that it is.

> Upon closer inspection heterogeneity might reduce exposure to catastrophe much less than you’d expect.

If you built out your customer resolver cloud with a set of Nominum servers and Unbound servers behind load balancers, would the resolver bug being discussed have taken out your infrastructure?

Do you believe managing the configuration of a set of Nominum servers and Unbound servers (regardless of how many) is in any way challenging?

Regards,
-drc