[dns-operations] knot-dns

Matthew Ghali mghali at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 02:08:20 UTC 2014

Hi DRC!

Sorry, I didn’t mean to advocate a monoculture in a vacuum. My point was delivered much more eloquently by Roland: Given the set of practical issues we’re worried about today, delivering a service via multiple codebases certainly isn’t a magic bullet. Upon closer inspection heterogeneity might reduce exposure to catastrophe much less than you’d expect. Or more likely, have a multiplicative effect instead.

For a simple example, if my business depended on PKI, would I have gained security and reliability over the last few years by using both OpenSSL and GnuTLS? Would adding in native OSX and Windows frameworks have reduced my exposure or multiplied my risks?

Cheers,
matto