[dns-operations] First new gTLD using ICANN's "Name Collision Occurrence Management Framework"

Frederico A C Neves fneves at registro.br
Fri Aug 29 23:46:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 07:27:55PM +0100, Chris Thompson wrote:
> On Aug 28 2014, Shumon Huque wrote:
>
> >A related observation: according the ICANN webinar on this topic from a
> >couple of weeks ago, all new gTLDs delegated on or after August 18th were
> >supposed to deploy these kinds of controlled interruption wildcard records.
> >The slides are here:
> >

> >https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/name-collision-framework-slides-12aug14-en.pdf
> >
> >It looks like the following new gTLDs were delegated on/after that date.
> >But only .otsuka has the records:
> >
> >business
> >gbiz
> >gmail
> >immo
> >network
> >otsuka
> >pizza
> >xn--vhquv
>
> All those 8 have the records now, and quite a few allocated earlier
> have acquired them as well. Of the 10 delegated on 16 August (according
> to http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings )
>
>   click, diet, help, hosting, property    have them
>   cern, how, ltda, ooo, uol               do not

But this does not mean that they have not yet started Controlled
Interruption. GTLDs delegated before the cutoff date that have already
activated names other than "nic" cannot use the wildcard option.

I know TLDs, including one on your list, that have started CI on the
19th releasing names in the SLD Block List using the method described
on 3.2 of the Name Collision framework document.

Fred