[dns-operations] First new gTLD using ICANN's "Name Collision Occurrence Management Framework"

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 18:27:55 UTC 2014

On Aug 28 2014, Shumon Huque wrote:

>A related observation: according the ICANN webinar on this topic from a
>couple of weeks ago, all new gTLDs delegated on or after August 18th were
>supposed to deploy these kinds of controlled interruption wildcard records.
>The slides are here:
>

>https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/name-collision-framework-slides-12aug14-en.pdf
>
>It looks like the following new gTLDs were delegated on/after that date.
>But only .otsuka has the records:
>
>business
>gbiz
>gmail
>immo
>network
>otsuka
>pizza
>xn--vhquv

All those 8 have the records now, and quite a few allocated earlier
have acquired them as well. Of the 10 delegated on 16 August (according
to http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings )

  click, diet, help, hosting, property    have them
  cern, how, ltda, ooo, uol               do not

and 18 earlier ones have also them

  nqv7fs00ema, meet, autos, motorcycles, homes, yachts, xn--4gbrim,
  xn--kput3i, green, lotto, active, bmw, mini, lgbt, ngo, nra,
  spiegel, ong

as tested today. It may be just an accident that "otsuka" was the
first one I saw in this state (and I had to google on 127.0.53.53
to find out what it was all about...)

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Information Services,
Email: cet1 at uis.cam.ac.uk    Roger Needham Building, 7 JJ Thomson Avenue,