[dns-operations] Uptick in number of domains losing delegation recently

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Wed Apr 23 06:42:35 UTC 2014

Dave, please excuse me for a second...

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014, Dave Warren wrote:
> On 2014-04-22 17:03, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > There is also the telephone.

I reckon that Mark mentioned this for a reason. I reckon that it is asked
for for a reason, too.

> If you'd care to make the calls, I have a list and a VoIP account.
> Margins on domains alone are too thin to be worth spending *any*
> man-minutes on a single domain registration.

If I provide valid contact info, I expect valid contact attempts. From my
registrar. I might not expect many attempts, but that info, if valid, was
provided for a reason and in spite of the presumed knowledge that it might
be misused. Or don't collect the info, and I don't care what ICANN tells
you (see how far that gets you).

That race to the bottom might turn out to be to the bilges of a sinking
ship.

--

Fred Morris