[dns-operations] Uptick in number of domains losing delegation recently

Bill Gerrard bill at daze.net
Tue Apr 22 20:22:25 UTC 2014

> Is this some new process that GoDaddy and Tucows are doing that messes
> with delegation to the GTLD servers?  I have not noticed it with any
> other registrars, but my experience is purely anecdotal.  It might
> simply be a small percentage of the raw number of registrations per
> registrar, not limited to any particular registrar.
>
> Anybody else seeing this?

Most likely the end result in the implementation of ICANN's WHOIS
ACCURACY PROGRAM.

http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/raa/approved-with-specs-27jun13-en.htm#whois-accuracy

easyDNS (among others) has some commentary on the program.

http://blog.easydns.org/2014/01/21/icann-unleashes-deadliest-ddos-attack-vector-of-2014/