[dns-operations] dns-operations Digest, Vol 92, Issue 13

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Mon Sep 9 11:47:44 UTC 2013

regrettably, the author of RFC 2671 knew the dangers and limitations of
fragmented IP, but specified it anyway.

see especially: http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/Compaq-DEC/WRL-87-3.html

(where the authors of WRL-87-3 were two early mentors of the later
author of RFC 2671, who not only ought to have, but did, know better.)

vixie

re: