[dns-operations] DNS Attack over UDP fragmentation

Ondřej Surý ondrej.sury at nic.cz
Thu Sep 5 11:56:23 UTC 2013

Just a short update from our today meeting over PoC implementation.

We have discussed this further and came to conclusion that the Kaminsky-attack
on top of Shulman-attack is just limited to heavily populated zones (TLDs)
or wildcard domains, since you need a positive response (since you cannot rewrite
RCODE in the packet).

O.